How to win in the tactical laser game?
It is not for nothing that laser tag is called a military tactical game. It has its own rules and tips. To be successful, it is important not only to know, but also to apply them in practice. Today we are going to talk about ways to play laser tag to win.
1. The main mistake of all newcomers to laser tagging is getting together in a group and moving around the playground as if they were a “mighty steamroller”. It is clear that an inexperienced player subconsciously wants to stay close to a teammate, but in this case the whole team becomes an easy target. So the first and main trick is to spread out.
2. Remember that you are part of a team, so you are acting in the public interest, unless the scenario requires otherwise.
3. Don't stay in one place, otherwise the opponent will detect you and hit you quickly. Stay in constant motion.
4. Change your position, keep shooting at your opponents. There is an opening window from one refuge to another.
5. Don't panic when you see the opponent. Act calmly, but quickly. Don't be afraid to open fire immediately, but don't shoot randomly, try to aim first.
Important: the closer the enemy, the narrower the infrared beam of the tagger. So aim closer to the target more carefully.
6. Use the specifics of the terrain to your advantage. Organize ambushes, go from obstacle to obstacle to make it harder to hit yourself.
7. Play actively. You cannot win by sitting in a shelter.
8. Be careful and make sure not to place the sensors under enemy fire.
(Don't break the rules of the game: is a violation when a player covers the headband sensors with their hand or clothes - this is strictly prohibited in laser tag.)
9. Don't waste time fighting your opponent while sitting in the dugout. Look once and change your position. If you are spotted you are probably at the opponent's waypoints, and as soon as you come back you will be hit.
10. Do not hide in closed spaces with only one exit. You should always have a way out.
Recommendations to teams
Each team must develop a common strategy, think about play tactics, decide on roles.
The following information will be helpful:
- Provide short and clear sentences to facilitate interaction on the playing field. With their help, you will signal allies during battle.
- Study in advance the playing field of future games. Then you won't get lost in the first few minutes of the game and won't get caught off guard.
- Determine the placement of players on the playing field, just like they do in football. This way you will avoid chaotic movements and collisions on the playing field.
How to achieve full team interaction?
To win at laser tag, the team must act as one person. The chaotic movements on the playing field will make players easy targets for an experienced opponent.
- Always carry out attacks involving several players at the same time. Move in different directions to make the task harder for the opponent.
- Cover your allies.
Make sure you don't end up in the same line of fire as the players on your team. Move carefully around the playing field, watch out for potential positions, try not to find yourself in the middle of the fire. It is possible to enter the line of fire if you want to shoot or if the whole team is going to attack. If it is risky to move around the playing field, stay where you are and ensure the safety of your comrades by continuously shooting at the enemy.
- Don't forget to help your teammates get rid of their pursuer, if you see that he is chasing them. And, in turn, ask your allies in advance to help you neutralize your pursuers in time.
- In a defensive battle, find an advantageous ambush position and cover your teammates.
Territory Capture Tips
If you manage to eliminate an opponent, waste no time and quickly take that position. After that, you can "get" other players from the opposing team who can't see you. This way you can weaken the defense and prevent your opponents from launching an attack. Additionally, to capture more territory, you can shoot continuously from cover at the already injured player. The prospect of losing game points will cause him to leave the position.
To gain as much control of the playing field as possible, spread out and play at a small distance from each other. This way, you can better see what's going on around you and cover your allies.
Optionally, when you need to unite in a large group, this is possible if you need to defend the base or protect a hostage. In this case, gather in a small circle and shoot enemies in different directions.
Regarding tactics. Defense strategy
This strategy can be just as effective as the attacking one. The key is to act clearly, consistently and follow the ground rules. Here they are:
- Set up ambushes. Such a maneuver will cause significant damage if the surprise factor is preserved. Your losses will be minimal.
- Support the defenders. For example, a separate squad can cover the defense fighters in case the enemy suddenly strikes from behind. Or the team could distract the attackers.
- Keep moving regardless of the chosen tactic. Remember: the most vulnerable target is a stationary target.
Regarding tactics. Attack strategy
The main strength of such a team is an assault squad. Experienced attackers know you need to act cautiously and in a well-organized manner. A chaotic attack will quickly "choke" and the team will suffer significant losses. Here, the following tips will be helpful:
- Act quickly and as a team, attack with one front. Your pressure and confident actions will cause your opponents to take a seat and relinquish victory.
- Try to attract the opponent to the line of fire. Be provocative and upset the plans of your opponents by forcing them to make mistakes; it will be easier for you to turn the tide of the battle.
- Use distraction maneuvers. For example, you can send an assault team into a direct attack, which will distract the enemy's main forces. At this point, a group of saboteurs will sneak up to the rear of the enemy and suddenly attack, from both sides in sandwish.
- Cover your allies. You can act with more confidence knowing that your comrades will always have your back.
Are you planning to create an ambush and lure the enemy inside? Act in such a way that the maneuver has maximum effect.
- Don't let your allies play shorthanded.
- Ensure reliable protection of the ambush site.
- During an attack, you should be able to see as much area as possible.
- if all the time you understand that the surprise factor is lost, go to defense.
- While you wait for an ambush, sit down and prepare to shoot in the knee position. This way you have a better chance of going unnoticed.
Of course, the techniques described are just the basics required. In the experience of a seasoned player there is always a selection of cool stuff based on years of practice. And that's great, because just like in any sport, different teams and individual laser tag fans have their own unique style.
Play, hone your skills, conquer new heights. May the laser tag be with you!
© 2016-2022 Fun War Lasertag